Is a Fire Cooking in Your Rifle Kitchen?
A Forgotten Electric Griddle a Source of Fire Damage in Rifle, Leaving a Gutted Kitchen
Electrical appliances in the kitchen often face exposure to water. The habit of leaving several items plugged into the wall through a power strip can also seem fine. Residents in Rifle who do this might not realize the risks until it is too late. A kitchen fire does not always start with oil or grease overheating.
SERVPRO Franchise professionals can help you get your kitchen in Rifle back to normal after fire damage makes it unusable. We promise to arrive Faster To Any Size Disaster and work as a team to make things normal again. Electrical overloads and malfunctioning items in kitchens and bathrooms cause many fires each year.
When we mitigate fire damage in a kitchen, we keep different goals in mind. We want to ensure that restoration work can safely happen which requires the removal of all safety hazards such as exposed nails and other sharp fasteners, cleaning up of soot deposits, and drying the area of any water used to put the fire out.
SERVPRO Franchise professionals remove charred drywall and cabinetry, and this can leave exposed wood with sharp edges. We remove the entirety of affected cabinets, so restoration efforts flow more smoothly. Drywall and other wall materials allow us more leeway, and we only remove those materials damaged by the fire.
We can often clean smoke damage away. When deposits are thicker and more heavily adhered to surfaces, we can restore these with scraping and repainting, which is considerably less expensive than replacing the area. Soot often ends up on ceilings, above doorways, and in light fixtures and other highly detailed and grooved furnishings. We can clean these items and make them “Like it never even happened.”
Making sure that your kitchen becomes dry again protects it from microbial colonization and also protects those performing restoration work later from possible hazards. We use air movers that pull moisture out of surfaces and thoroughly dry them.
Odor control also becomes a crucial part of mitigation and restoration. The odors produced might not seem as pungent as those from a grease fire, but hey can become just as bothersome. Our Odor Control Technician (OCT) can discuss with you the most effective methods for your particular circumstances.
The work we do gets your kitchen area back to normal and functioning again. Call SERVPRO of Garfield & Pitkin Counties at (970) 618-1516 when your home in Parachute, Basalt, or Snowmass sustains fire damage. We offer 24-hour service, from your initial phone call to the complete mitigation of your property.
Read about Rifle here.